Saturday, January 16, 2010

I Love a Sale!

I love a sale. I mean, I really enjoy finding that perfect bargain of something I just cannot live without.    I couldn't live without this silver tray from Goodwill which was originally $10.00.  I waited until it was 75% off and now it holds the winter clementines.

In France, sales are different.  No watching the Sunday paper, collecting the occasional flyer, or hearing from your neighbor of a coming sale.  Sales are determined by the government----only twice a year. Casa began their sale with extra savings.  We had to go early as we really "needed" coffee cups.

This year the first sale occurs between January 6th and February  9th, about six weeks long.

Now, all stores have their signs posted---

 
some in bright, jazzy print,

others on a piece of cloth, (My absolutely favorite store---Atelier des Ours )

while others handwritten on a piece of paper. (Well, this one is also my absolutely favorite---Lola Rossa
a fabulous store for hand work.)

Sales are wonderful.  Time is running short.  I must get shopping or wait until the next sale----in the summer.  I just don't know how I will last six months.  (I did find a tablecloth, needle holder, notebook, and metal garland on sale.  I think I shall have to investigate more tomorrow.)  It is a long time until the next savings.

Á la prochaine,
Cindy

1 comment:

  1. I love a sale too!! wish airfair was on sale so we could take a trip to France!

    Would also LOVE your support on the ELLE DECOR window I did for the Big Window Challenge this year with Apartment Therapy. Check it out at http://www.bigwindowchallenge com. As we all know, AT doesn’t make it easy, but you can vote TWICE a day, once online and the other by texting “1” to 89800.

    Your support means the world to me!!

    Xo
    Eddie

    ReplyDelete