Monday, September 1, 2008

It Disappeared!

Once again Saturday was market day and we anticipated which pastry each would choose. As we entered the shop, the cakes and tarts in the front window were very enticing but quite large to eat in one sitting (but both of us are willing to try). The clerk just rolls her eyes when she sees us coming as she know the selection will take time. My choice? Le Dauphinoise, a walnut and caramel treat. Joe, after much deliberation, pointed to Le Forêt Noir, layers of dark chocolate. Carefully the box was placed in our basket and we jostled our way through the crowds to the perfect "people watching" table. There, in anticipation of the tastes inside, we opened the box. My pastry was a glistening caramel and Joe's......wasn't there! He had no pastry! With a disappointed look on his face, he decided he would just get a pain au chocolate rather than fight the crowds to the patissiere again. As we left the village we did stop for his treasure.

I am sorry. By the time I went to take a picture of his confection, this is all I saw.

Á bientôt,
Cindy

1 comment:

  1. LOL--I think I'd have downed that pretty quickly, too. They sound enticing. Yum! s

    ReplyDelete